Monday, November 25, 2013

My Reading Style

My reading style is unique, I love all the old-time books by Louis L' Amour and by Carolyn Keene and Louisa May Alcott.... love them all!  I also love some new books like "The Mother-Daughter Book Club" and "The Hunger Games."  I am going to share some of my favorite books with you!


1.  Ride the River by Louis L' Amour

  

Set in the 1840's, about a young teenage girl, Echo Sackett, who makes her way to a different state for some money, but some people try to rob her.  This is one adventure that you will feel like you are actually in, and you will also learn how people got along back in the day.  Echo is not afraid to use a gun.... even if she is a lady!

2.  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott




Read this beloved book about four sisters who go through hard, fun, and happy times.... while being one happy family!

3.  Nancy Drew series by Carolyn Keene

 

I love this series by Carolyn Keene!  It is about a teenage girl, Nancy Drew, who solves mysteries.  This is for those people who like to solve things.... (like me!)

4.  The Mother-Daughter Book Club series by Heather Vogel Frederick
This book is about a group of four girls who start a book club called "The Mother-Daughter Book Club." And guess -- it includes mothers and their daughters!  The girls start out in sixth grade, and in each book they move up a grade.  In the final book, they are in tenth grade.  They read books like "Little Women" and "The Betsy-Tacy" series.  This is one of my faves!!

5.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Hunger Games (surely you've heard of it by now) is a great book for those of you who like action.... it is about 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who has to fight in order to provide for her family and -- gasp -- not to get killed!  One of the best books.... especially for teens.... boys and girls!

6.  Little Women and Me by Lauren Baratz



Know the "Little Women" series?  Well meet Emily March -- no, she is not related to the March sisters -- who has to do a report on her favorite book and that happens to be "Little Women."  She then get's sucked into the book!  I am currently reading this as of now.... a great book!


So I guess you can say I like all the old stories and some of the new.... it's all good!

Happy Reading.... and Thanksgiving!

Maddie

P.S.  What kinds of stories do you like to read?  Maybe even name a few;)




3 comments:

  1. I have always been a loyal Nancy Drew fan! When I was younger, I simply adored her, and even read all sixty of her books!
    I am so amazed that you are actually reading classical books!!! Lots of girls nowadays have never even touched a classical book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading a Nacy Drew book and I love it, it's called the seceret staircase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The one written by Lauren Baratz sounds so fun! So, I looked the book up in my library, but they don't have it! I was devastated! But, I may come across it at a bookstore,so, there is hope yet! :)

    ReplyDelete