Monday, March 24, 2014

Eve Trilogy Rant



Usually I share great reads with you, but I suppose now is a good time to share a boring read.

I was taking this trip and wanted to get a book to tie me over for the ride over.  I heard about how great Eve was, so I got it and then, while riding down the highway, I opened up the Eve book by Anna Carey and read the first chapter and was totally in love with it!  But then, after that, the book went way down hill and I practically skipped to the very end to see how it ended.

THINGS I DO NOT LOVE ABOUT THIS BOOK: (note: spoilers are highlighted in purple)

* It skips way too many important things
* It does not go into enough detail
* The girl on the cover looks weird (Yeah, I know... I am saying I don't like the cover...)
* It has three books in the entire Eve series, so the end of the first book will leave you like "what?!"... if you even get that far.
* It is all way too quick!
* (spoiler) Then again... it doesn't go fast enough.  You know that hide-out Eve has to find?  Well, just how long does it take for her to get there?  Yep.  The whole book.
* (spoiler)  When Eve get's attacked by a bear, what does she do?  Yeah, she's scared.  But it doesn't go into enough detail and it happens way too quick.  Then Caleb comes and saves her?  Like, wow.
* (spoiler)  OMG, she left her friend Pip!  Ugh, now Pip is going to suffer.  How could Eve do that?

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS BOOK:

* Uh, chapter one.

You see how much I totally love this book (says sarcastically).  I am sorry I had to rant about Eve but seriously, it just was not my cup of tea.  If you want to check out Eve and read it, then go for it!  But beware:  It may not be your cup of tea either.

I am going to sum up Eve real quick, just to tell ya what it's about.

Girls and boys were separated after this sickness occurred.  Eve, a teenage girl, was about to graduate with her bud's from this girl school.  But before she graduates, she learns the truth about why she has been attending the girl school... and the truth just might set her free... sort of.  As she travels, she will have to choose between two things:  life and love.

Yeah, that about sums it up.  Well, um.... hope you enjoyed my rant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment