Thursday, January 9, 2014

And the Winners Are....

Finally.  The moment you've all been waiting for!  The winners of our not one, not two, but THREE contests!

First I am going to start out with the winner of our "Finish the Story" contest.  All of our e-mail contacts got the chance to finish a story that I wrote.  And we got some great entries!  

Winner of the Finish the Story contest:

Rachel!  For sending in a story that shows loving and care.  Perfect since it is so close to Valentine's Day!  

(NOTE:  All other entries can be found on the "Stories" page.)

Check out the story Rachel finished:

I suddenly awake to a loud, noisy sound coming from outside my bedroom door.  It seems like it might be coming from the hallway.  It sounds like rocks and metal banging against each other in a box.  Maybe in is just my parents'.  I glance over at my alarm clock.  It is only two in the morning.  What would my parents' be doing up this early? Telling myself that it is nothing, I close my eyes, ready to fall into a deep sleep.  But something seems.... strange.  I open my eyes and still hear the loud noise.  The sound should have already stopped.  I quietly pull the covers off of me and place my feet on the soft floor below me.  I float over to the door, and, very quietly, open it.  I peek outside in the little crack for me to see, and gasp when I see what is making that loud, nerve-racking sound.  I didn't expect to see what I am staring at now.  

Yikes! It’s my 4 year old brother! He’s shaking pencils in a tin as he exclaims, "April fools!” He runs off in order to avoid my frenzy.  
I run to his room and see him giggling under his blue, fluffy quilt.   I dash up to him and scoop him up into a big bear hug. I never guessed it could be only him!  “I’m sorry if I scared you, sissy, but you have to do something on April fools!” He whimpers.  
“But it’s not April fools, silly!  It’s only January!” I laugh.  
“Oh. Well, I’ll make sure next time before I scare you.” He giggles.  
“Ok.” I whisper as I place him under his covers.  I kiss his cheeks and see his eyelids flutter closed. 
After I carefully tip-toe back to my room, I think about his little face and all the anger that I could have emitted flutters away. I drift off to sleep, dreaming of 4 year old brothers.



Winners of the Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter contest:

Amanda and Hailey!  Thank you for sending in some awesome pics!  Amanda sent in the great picture of some awesome rainboots!  The background makes the scene look picture perfect!

Hailey sent in a very fashionable scarf with zig-zags.... love it!

http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/4c73069a73d811e3862512c92702c3a6_8.jpg
love this scarf


Winners of the No Chapped = Pretty Lips giveaway:

Aqwa Autumn!  You get to have your choice of flavor Chapstick!  



Congrats to all of the winners!  If you could please e-mail me for your prize!  Also, thank you for all the other entries we received.  If you didn't win, no problem!  Our next contest is going to be next month.  Check back then!  But until then, keep up with our great reviews, stories, gift ideas, and more, sent in by girls like you!  And be a good sport by saying congrats to the winners!  xo





2 comments:

  1. Congrats everyone. Love your story, Rachel. It is different from the rest. And cute pics Amanda and Hailey. And congratulations Aqwa Autumn on winning the chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squee! :) I can't believe I won, thanks Maddie!

    ReplyDelete