Wednesday, February 12, 2014

♥ The Selection ♥ Book Review

I took advantage of my spare time and did one of my favorite things in the world - read!  I read the entire book of The Selection for the second time!  Yes, I said second! :)

It is a really awesome book about a teenage girl, America Singer (totally awesome name!), who is in love (or so she thinks) with Aspen, for whom she has known for a very long time.  But when she hears about "The Selection," a contest at the palace where the prince chooses his wife, she is skeptical.  She knows what is coming - her mom telling her to enter.  But poor America does not want to marry the prince - for she loves Aspen!  And even if she did want to fall in love with the prince, what are her chances?  Seriously, thousands of girls are entering!  Only thirty five girls will be chosen out of thousands, then narrowed down to one - the princess.  You'll just have to read this book for yourself to find out what happens.  This is an especially good book for you if you enjoy romance and drama (well, not all the time).

Glowing snow looks perfect with the blue gown

There are a total of four books in the series.  But I only read one; the first one.  I am planning on reading The Elite, the second book in the series, pretty soon because it just came out.  The third and fourth books are not out yet, but will be out before June 2014.

I would definitely have to say one of my favorite parts about these books would be the cover of them.  The dresses that America wears are just so pretty!


The Selection:

My favorite dress out of all of them

The Elite:

This matches her hair!

The One:

Ooh.... such a pretty dress!

The Prince and The Guard:

This book shows the prince and the guard's perspective.



So, as you can tell, Kiera Cass is an amazing author!

Please let me know when you read this book and/or series, and also let me know which book cover is your favorite.

I recommend these books for girls ages 12 & up.  There is some content in the books that may not be appropriate for younger audiences.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah.... I read the first book in the series and it is awesome! I can't wait to read the rest! Although, I do think people said the second book isn't as good as the first. But that is their opinion - can't wait to find out what mine is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will give it a try. I am in need of some new reading material. Is this a young adult book? Just wondering what I am getting into. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda, yes, this is a young adult book. It doesn't go into much detail, and I think you'll find that this is a great book and series. :)

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of these books but they sound very interesting cause i love books like that so i am going to have to read them

    ReplyDelete