Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year, New YOU!!

It is this time of year every year.  The time when we start making New Year's resolutions.  Where we plan to eat healthier.  Save $$$.  Go to the awesome summer camp.  Okay, stop right there!  Stop creating all those resolutions!  Because chances are, you will never accomplish many of them.  Instead, try writing as many IDEAS as you can on a piece of paper of what you want to accomplish for 2014.  No, you are not creating resolutions or goals, but you are making ideas, which will def help you in the new year.

The number one resolution made by girls each year:

Eat Healthier!!


Breakfast:  

It turns out if you eat something sweet in the morning, you won't crave anything sweet for later.  And even Olympic gold medal gymnast Gabby Douglas eats sweets some mornings (YES, really!!).  So help yourself to pancakes, waffles, or some of your favorite cereal.  But don't forget to add a little protein to the meal.  Eggs and milk are great extras;)

Lunch:  

Ham or turkey sandwich along with one fruit and vegi.  Make sure you choose whole wheat bread.

Snack:  

Believe it or not, popcorn makes an awesome snack (even some with extra butter.... yes puh-lease!)  You might also like some delicious trail mix.

Supper:  

For your final meal of the day, try eating two slices of pizza (Yeah, I said PIZZA), two fruits, and two vegis. A protein shake will just make things even better! 

Some of my New Year ideas are to save more money, dedicate more time to writing, and get an iPad.   

So besides New Year's ideas.... I just got finished reading Mockingjay and let me tell you that book is depressing.  Yes, it's a great book, but it is so sad sometimes.  The book did not end like I expected.  You'll just have to read it to find out what happens!  Oh, and I cannot wait to see Divergent in theaters this March!!

Happy New Year's!!

Maddie

P.S.  What are your New Year's ideas?


5 comments:

  1. Great post! ;) One of my goals this year is to eat healthy, and I was wondering how. I am printing this out and taping it to my wall! :) I mean, come on, pizza? I am totally on that diet! ;)
    My new years ideas include making the SKG bigger . . . we need more people on the mailing list. Oh, would you like to be on the mailing list? I just realized I hadn't put you on there yet. ;)
    Another idea is to keep my room clean and organize.
    And another is to come up with new hairstyle ideas. My hair is so long and thick that not everything works, and my head is an ovalish shape to it makes my head look like it is too small for my body, but it really isn't, so I can't wear ponytails . . .
    Another idea is to stop rambling. LOL. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Yep:) I got these ideas from some of my mom's magazines, and plus got some of the ideas from Gabby Douglas's book.
      I would love to be on your mailing list! What do I need to do to be on it? :D
      Yeah, my hair is that way. It is thick and long and it takes me forever to brush it and I have to use tons of conditioner. LOL.
      Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. You don't have to do anything to be on our mailing list! :) I will add your name to the email group. We have a newsletter every other month, and you are actually in luck! Our next issue is coming out on January 3 (Friday)!
      Oh, and if you want to be a South Kakalaki Girl Writer, let me know! :) We always enjoy having new writers!

      Delete
    3. Oh, sweet! I will def be sure to check my e-mail this Friday then. I think being a SKG writer would be so awesome.... I think I know how to apply, so whenever I get the chance, I will! Thank you! Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. My ideas would be to volunteer more... I love helping out. I need some X-tra cred for school anyways. :-)

    ReplyDelete